Deadline for papers is March 25th (extended).
In the first ESA RN19 – Sociology of Professions PhD summer school the emphasis is on the theoretical views on professional groups. The purpose of the summer school is to provide an opportunity for PhD students and other early career researchers (postdocs) to present their current research and have comments from other students and teachers of the summer school. Moreover, the purpose of the summer school is to provide an opportunity to network with senior researchers, other PhD students and early career researchers in this research area.
Theoretical views will include sociological theory on professions and professional groups; changes in professionalism, hybridism, academic profession, health profession, and social work profession.
We warmly welcome all PhD students and postdocs (max 2 years from graduation) whose current research is related, at least loosely, to the themes of the summer school to apply.
Place: University of Aveiro, Portugal
Time: 16 ‒ 18 May 2018
- Assistant professor Teresa Carvalho, University of Aveiro and CIPES, Portugal
- Professor Julia Evetts, University of Nottigham, UK
- Professor Mirko Noordegraaf, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Dr. Christiane Schnell, Institute for Social Research, Germany
- Dr. Helena Hirvonen, University of Eastern Finland
See you in Aveiro!